An MSG stores a single message which be created by Outlook when the email clients save a message and including all the typical fields: subjects, date, sender, recipient, and their attachments. Most of the technical expert opinion MSG file is compatible with multiple email clients, including Microsoft messaging application or IMAP, if you receive the msg file from any other email clients, then you can use MS Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016 version to open the MSG file. The MS Outlook application of Microsoft opens or reads the MSG file by default; therefore, you no need to purchase third-party software.
How to Open MSG File with Outlook
Follow the Given Steps to Open MSG File with MS Outlook
- Start Microsoft Outlook then Click on the Tool menu options.
- Go to the Advanced Options and click on the OK button.
- Now, a new Windows screen will pop up on your system then uncheck the Use Unicode Message Format when saving messages options and click on the OK button.
- After that, your MSG File will open with Outlook successfully.
How to Open and Read MSG File without Outlook
When MS Outlook is not installed in your system, and you are facing a problem in the opening and reading of the .msg file without Outlook. Then you can use third-party software such as MSG File Viewer. Let’s know the ways to open and read MSG files using the MSG Viewer tool given below in detail.
Follow the Steps to Open MSG File without Outlook
- Install and Run Aryson MSG Viewer Software.
- Click on the Browse button and select MSG File.
- Choose the recovery mode and click on the Next button to explore the selected MSG file.
- Double click on Recovered MSG file mailbox then open or view their messages.
There are various ways to open the MSG file with and without MS Outlook. After technical observation, I have given two different methods for opening an MSG file in the above section in this blog. The first method will help you to open MSG files with Outlook second method will help you to open MSG files without Outlook. Therefore, you can choose methods for opening an MSG file according to requirements.