Many Outlook users are curious about how to convert OST files to PST files. As a result, we will explore the recommended options for a painless conversion process in this post. When a user uses MS Outlook in offline mode, the mailbox data is saved in the OST (Offline Storage Table) file format. Once the Exchange server connection is re-established, the modifications made by the user will be updated. If the Exchange server is unavailable, the OST file will be unable to access key mailbox information. All MS Outlook’s mailbox items are saved in the PST (Personal Storage Table) file format. Users are drawn to Outlook because of its excellent features for sending and receiving emails. Data from an OST file cannot be read directly in MS Outlook; instead, users must first save the OST file into a PST file. You will find detailed instructions on how to convert an OST file to a PST file format here.
What is the purpose of converting OST to PST?
The following are some of the reasons why you should convert OST to PST online. There are numerous reasons for the conversion, and some of the more prevalent are listed here.
- The Exchange server account was accidentally deleted.
- The exchange server has failed or has collapsed.
- Exchange mailboxes should be backed up.
- The Exchange Server must be kept in good working order.
Now, let’s look at how to manually convert an OST file to a PST file. However, keep in mind that there are some drawbacks to adopting the manual technique, which we have also discussed in this post.
How do I manually convert an OST file to a PST file?
We’ll go over three manual techniques to export OST to PST file format in response to customer requests. Because there are various limits and dangers of serious data loss due to human mistakes, it is recommended that you make a copy of the original data before beginning the conversion process.
Method 1: Import/Export
- Open the Microsoft Outlook software on your computer.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Choose Import/Export from the dropdown menu.
- Select Export to a File from the dropdown menu.
- Press the Next button to proceed.
- Select the Personal File Folder option now (.pst)
- Then press the Next button.
- To include subfolders, go to the parent root and click Include Subfolders.
- To specify the path to the resulting file, go to Browse.
Method 2: Drag & Drop
Users must first create a new PST file, drag and drop all of the OST mailbox data they want to export to Outlook PST into the newly generated PST file.
- Open the Microsoft Outlook software.
- In Outlook, create a new PST file.
- To convert all of the OST mailbox data to PST file format, select all OST mailbox data and copy and paste it into the newly formed PST file.
Method 3: Make Use of Outlook’s Archive Function
Emails are automatically preserved in PST file format if you enable the archiving feature in Microsoft Outlook. To do so, follow the instructions below:
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Navigate to the File tab.
- Select Options from the dropdown menu.
- Proceed to the advanced section now.
- Select Auto Archive from the dropdown menu…
- Browse to the location where you want to save the archived file.
- The converting process is more time-consuming and difficult.
- The conversion of corrupt OST files is not possible using the manual method.
- It is necessary to have technical knowledge.
- There is a chance that data will be lost throughout the procedure.
These are some of the drawbacks of the manual conversion solution. To get around these limits, customers can try an alternative expert way to assist with a simple converting solution.
How can I convert an OST file to a PST file with a professional solution?
Users would require a professional solution to save OST as PST format to overcome all of the constraints. Check out the OST to PST Converter Tool, which is the most dependable and trusted solution on the market. The utility does not require users to have any technical knowledge to do the conversion.
Follow the Steps to Convert OST to PST for Outlook
- Start the OST to PST converter. It will launch a wizard that will allow you to select one or more OST files. Choose the OST file from its current directory.
- You can choose a folder and view its content in the preview window when the utility shows the OST file content. Click the Save button in the toolbar to convert the OST file to PST.
- Select PST file (MS Outlook) as the Output type to save in PST.
- Choose the filters you want to use: From, To, Subject, Folder Name, Item Type, and Date range.
- You can split the PST file if it reaches a certain size. Give all of the necessary information.
- Look over the path to your destination and fill in the blanks. Finally, press the Finish button.
- When the conversion is finished, the utility displays a message with the PST file’s name and location.
The utility comes with a slew of outstanding features, some of which are described below.
- Export OST mailbox items to PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, PDF, Gmail, Yahoo, Thunderbird, AOL Mail, and more formats quickly and easily.
- Allows you to convert password-protected OST files.
- Emails, tasks, diaries, contacts, and other mailbox objects are exported.
- The user interface is simple and intuitive.
- Restores the OST files that have been corrupted.
- There is no need for technical knowledge.
- There is no danger of losing data.
- All Windows versions are supported.
- There is a free demo version that allows you to export 25 emails for free.
We addressed some recommended techniques for converting OST to PST file format earlier in this article. The use of manual methods has various drawbacks and risks for our critical database. It is recommended to utilize the advanced professional best OST to PST converter for a hassle-free and speedy converting solution.