With the advancement of technology, the use of digital platforms for communication has increased a lot. A digital signage software is one such utility that provides a visual graphics display. However, finding the best digital signage software is difficult. So now, the first thing to know is- What is digital display software?
Signage means the use of visual graphics or a group of illustrations for public communication. When this visual communication is possible through a digital platform, the term is called digital signage. Some examples of digital signage are social media advertising, website, video content, TV shows and News, etc.
Top 10 Free Best Best Digital Signage Software 2021
Here we are suggesting you the most popular signage software for visual communication. These are recommended based on performance, features and reviews.
- #1. Screenly
- #2. Concerto
- #3. RiseVision
- #4. Xibo
- #5. Screenhub
- #6. Intuiface
- #7. Novisign
- #8. Pi Signage
- #9. Play Digital Signage
- #10. DisplayMonkey
Screenly is a widely used and one of the best digital display software which is fast, effective, and customizable. It allows users to view their favourite content on a digital platform. Using the tool, users can manage the digital signs from anywhere. In addition, they can check which screen is running smoothly. To open the content in Screenly, add images, videos, or live websites into your Screenly account.
- It supports SD cards to collect media.
- Multiple screen management is possible through this tool.
- It offers a content scheduling feature.
- The utility has a rich media library.
Concerto is a web-based digital signage platform to manage graphical content on visual display. It is among one of the best digital signage software. As it is a web-based service, you only need a web browser to launch signage. You can use this digital signage application on Windows, Linux, Mac OS. The software can display graphical visual and textual messages. In addition, it offers content scheduling and management.
- You can upload graphical and textual content through this web-based application.
- It supports multiple screens and multiple format casting.
- This web application supports the UTF-8 language.
- It has a library-rich graphical template.
RiseVision is also an online-based software for digital signage that you can access on various devices. It supports multiple Operating systems like Linux, Windows, Mac OS. The unique feature of this digital display software is that it offers customized content for targeted audiences with compelling images and videos. Apart from that, it is used in more than 130 countries worldwide.
- The tool provides automatic player updates
- Cloud-Based tool for remote access to the digital display.
- It supports multiple screens and is compatible with various devices.
- Offer a rich media library.
Xibo is an advanced solution for digital signage through which you can transform your designs to offer a better experience to the users. It is an open-source digital signage software and web-based content management system that provides a paid cloud-based service, and it is one of the best digital signage software. This platform also has a free trial version. It is a low-cost, high-performance solution compatible with Windows, Android, Linux, etc.
- You can design the layout with powerful widgets.
- Equipped with advanced analytics and diagnostics features.
- Allow you to manage and schedule your content.
- Work well with HTML language.
It is one of the best digital display software, compatible with most operating systems like Linux, Windows, Mac OS, etc. You can manage the signboard content using this full-featured application. Furthermore, you can integrate this powerful application with social media platforms. Apart from that, it has excellent customer support. All these features with minimum pricing.
- Manage and schedule the visual content.
- You can control the workflow in this software.
- It offers graphical frame designer software.
- Varied Template options are available in this software.
The Intuiface is a no-code platform. Therefore, it is highly recommended to create, integrate, deploy, and analyze interactive digital communication. It offers a free plan as well as a paid plan. In the free plan of this best digital signage software, you will get general features like displaying graphics and is compatible with all the popular OS. However, the premium version offers three modules: Composer, Player, and Analytics.
- Offers multiple screen support
- It automatically imports Photoshop PSD files.
- It is compatible software for most devices.
- Different size options are available: Portrait and Landscape.
Novisign is one of the highly demanded digital signage platforms. Its key characteristics are excellent drag and drop widgets, HD videos, dynamic slideshows, and social media integration. Apart from that, this best digital display software offers pre-designed templates to fill the content and publish them. With all these features, the interface of the tool is kept simple for better handling.
- It offers a signage studio editor to edit content.
- You can manage the content through a remote device.
- Content schedule feature is available to monitor the content.
- It provides a digital signage player.
#8. Pi Signage
Pi Signage is an open-source digital signage platform that allows you to customize the content as per your requirements. Besides the open-source solution, the best digital signage software has a paid version starting from $25. It is ideal for businesses to display their content on multiple screens for better communication. The main advantage of using the Pi signage is that it shows the video content in full HD resolution.
- It has an inbuilt template library to manage the layout.
- Provide a rich and user-friendly interface.
- The content sourcing is flexible in the application.
- TV control and screen capture feature.
#9. Play Digital Signage
It is one of the best digital signage software to display the content to various team members on different display devices. It offers numerous features such as content scheduling, remote display management, customizable templates, etc. For example, you can manage the time zone for multiple users through the scheduling feature. Moreover, you can even work on this tool without any internet connection.
- It offers many customizable templates.
- Equipped with a built-in file converter.
- Provide a facility to work in offline mode.
- It allows you to create a team for your project.
DisplayMonkey is a modern open-source cloud-based signage platform with a simple layout and interactive user interface. It is rich with varied features to make digital communication feasible. This application is supportable with most of the operating systems. Also, it is highly customizable. So, you can make the changes as per your requirements.
- It supports Youtube video in digital signage.
- Offer multi-user access for better handling.
- Equipped with network monitoring and reporting features.
- This best digital signage software has a commercial-grade display.
Hopefully, this article helps you. In this article, we suggest some of the best digital signage software which is popular and effective. However, you can choose any signage tool as per your requirements.