- When the user wants to move emails from one email account to another.
- If the user is moving from Outlook in one PC to another PC having Outlook on it.
- If the file is corrupted and emails are not accessible.
Using the backup of PST data, the user can easily move entire or selective PST data to another version of Outlook. The migration of PST file can be performed in two different stages. To transfer a PST file into Outlook, you must have a backup of .pst file from your previous Outlook version. If PST file does not open i’e it may be corrupt therefore need to repair PST file.
Methods to transfer PST Files into MS Outlook For 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
- Firstly, launch MS Outlook onto your system.
- Click on the File Tab.
- Click on option Open & Export >> Open Outlook Data File
- Now select the desired Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on OK.
- Now the entire PST items will get imported to Microsoft Outlook.
Steps to Transfer or Import PST Files into MS Outlook 2007 and 2003
- Launch MS Outlook 2007/2003 version on your system.
- Now, click on File >> Open >> Click Outlook Data File
A dialog box will appear, you have to choose your Outlook data file and click on OK button to open the PST file in MS Outlook.