Here in this article, I will explain the simple steps to transfer or import PST files into MS Outlook. Nowadays most of the users prefer to use Microsoft Outlook as the center of their workflow. It stores mail items in two locations- in the PST file on your hard disk or in a mailbox located on the server.
It becomes necessary for the user to take a backup of PST data in order to avoid PST file corruption or to move to a different version of Outlook. The user needs a backup of the PST file in the following cases.
- When the user wants to move emails from one email account to another.
- If the user is moving from Outlook in one PC to another PC having Outlook on it.
- If the file is corrupted and emails are not accessible.
Using the backup of PST data, the user can easily move entire or selective PST data to another version of Outlook. The migration of PST file can be performed in two different stages. To transfer a PST file into Outlook, you must have a backup of .pst file from your previous Outlook version. If PST file does not open i’e it may be corrupt therefore need to repair PST file.
Methods to transfer PST Files into MS Outlook For 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
To import a PST file in Microsoft Outlook, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, launch MS Outlook onto your system.
- Click on the File Tab.
- Click on option Open & Export >> Open Outlook Data File
- Now select the desired Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on OK.
- Now the entire PST items will get imported to Microsoft Outlook.
Steps to Transfer or Import PST Files into MS Outlook 2007 and 2003
Follow the below steps to open and add PST file in Outlook 2007 and 2003 versions.
- Launch MS Outlook 2007/2003 version on your system.
- Now, click on File >> Open >> Click Outlook Data File
A dialog box will appear, you have to choose your Outlook data file and click on OK button to open the PST file in MS Outlook.
Using Third-Party Software
All the above methods are quite time-consuming and require technical expertise. So, in such a situation you can go for the automated solution, one such software is Aryson Add Outlook PST
. This software provides a quick solution to swiftly add or import multiple PST files in Microsoft Outlook. It has an amazing feature of auto search to avoid fudge of manual search. You can also try the free demo version of this software.
Above, I have described all the methods to transfer or import PST files into MS Outlook. The manual method, as well as the automated tool, has been described. Now, it’s your call to make the decision. Hope this article helps to resolve your query.