OST (Offline Storage Table) file is a copy of Outlook mailboxes that keeps all the emails as .ost extension file name. When users turn on the cached mode during the installation of the MS Outlook application, then the OST file auto-created if the Outlook synchronized with Exchange Server. If your Exchange Server becomes down, then you can copy all emails from the OST file and successfully open them with MS Outlook. The OST file does not open by default; therefore, you will have a need to copy their email as a PST file with the manual process. Or, you will need to use a third-party application to recover then emails of OST file as PST file format.
Methods to Recover OST File without Outlook/Exchange Server
Two methods will help you to recover OST file in the form of PST file, which is the following:-
- Archive Methods
- OST Recovery Tool
These two methods are given by experts that will help you to recover OST emails as a PST file when your Exchange Server becomes down. Let’s know both ways in detail which is given below:-
Archive Methods to Restore OST File without Exchange Server
Archive methods generally used to recover email from the OST file. It is a technically sound method therefore user need to know the basics of MS Outlook.
Follow the Archive Method Steps to Restore OST File Successfully:-
- Start the Outlook Application.
- After that, click on the File menu and go to the Archive option.
- Now, select the defined OST file that you need to archive.
- Chose the destination location using the Browse button for saving the selected archived file as a PST file.
- Finally, click on the Finish option.
How to Recover Emails from OST File without Exchange Server using OST Recovery
A direct way to recover your OST file without Exchange Server is third party OST Recovery Software, which allows you to restore OST file successfully. When your Exchange Server becomes down, and you need to copy emails from the OST file, then use this software and recover your OST file with the given steps following.
Use Software to Restore Email from OST File without Exchange Server
- Install OST Recovery Software, and run.
- Click on the Add File button and select the OST file.
- Choose the recovery mode and scans the selected OST file.
- Click on the recovered items and previews them.
- Click on the Save button and select Save as PST option.
- Click on the OK button and recover the OST file as a PST file successfully.
Here we have given two different methods to recover emails from an OST file. You can choose both of these methods to restore the OST file without Exchange Server successfully. This method has already implemented for this purpose and it is certified by Outlook experts.