How to Add Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird Easily
People use different email clients such as Yahoo Mail, Thunderbird, Gmail, Outlook, etc as per their needs. They use these email service providers to communicate at different times to different people.
But sometimes people have to move emails from one email client to another due to different reasons. Thus, in this technique guide, I am going to explain “How to Add Yahoo Email to Thunderbird Easily” by using manual and professional tool method.
Manually Add Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird by Using IMAP Server
We can manually add our Yahoo Mail mailboxes to Thunderbird by using the IMAP server. These steps are used to add Yahoo email to Thunderbird:
- Install & Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Now, in the Create New Account section click on the Email option.
- Next, select the ‘skip this and use my existing email’ option.
- Then enter your user name, email id, and password of your Yahoo Mail account and press the Continue button.
- Now, click on the IMAP option and choose Manual Config.
- After that in the manual config enter these details:
- Incoming Mail Server(SMTP): imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Outgoing Mail Server(SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Incoming Port: 993 with SSL
- Outgoing Port: 465 with SSL
- Next, click on the re-test option and hit Done to save the settings.
- Now, you can easily access your Yahoo mailboxes into Thunderbird.
How to Add Yahoo Mail to Thunderbird Easily
We can easily export all the mailboxes to different email clients with the help of professional software. The use of a third-party tool is the most convenient way to add Yahoo email to Thunderbird. There are several professional tools available in the market that can be used to migrate emails to Mozilla Thunderbird.
Yahoo Backup Tool is one such third-party tool that can transfer your mailboxes with ease. This professional tool migrates email files with utmost data security and integrity. You should use these sets of instruction to add Yahoo email to Thunderbird easily:
- Firstly, download and run the tool on the system.
- Open the professional tool and enter your Yahoo Mail address and password and press the login button.
- Next, choose Thunderbird as an email saving format to move your Yahoo mailboxes to Thunderbird.
- Then, hit the Next button to move ahead.
- Here, in the new tab select Yahoo Mail folders that you want to migrate into Thunderbird.
- Filter mailboxes with the help of the Date Range filter.
- You can provide a naming convention for given mailboxes.
- Now, check the delete after download the box to delete email data from Yahoo after the email transfer process.
- Then hit Next to add Yahoo email to Thunderbird account.
- After that wait for a minute and let the tool migrate your emails from Yahoo to Thunderbird.
- At the last hit OK on the pop-up message and close the application.
Now, you can view your Yahoo Mail emails into Thunderbird email clients. This professional tool has some great feature which makes your entire email conversion process easy and efficient.
These are some great and useful features of this professional utility:
- Can save Yahoo emails in PST, PDF, MSG, HTML, EML, MBOX, MHT, EMLX, CSV, TXT, etc file formats.
- Automatically convert emails from Yahoo Mail by using login credentials.
- Users can export emails from one Yahoo Mail account to another.
- Easily transfer emails from Yahoo to Office 365, IMAP, Thunderbird, Zimbra, and email clients without any hassle.
- Able to migrate mailboxes and the other mailbox data items like Inbox, calendars, tasks, etc.
- Ability to backup Yahoo emails with their attachments.
- Simple and interactive GUI assists users to run the tool smoothly.
- Easily forward emails and other data from Yahoo Mail to Outlook.com.
- Exports Yahoo Mail mailboxes from Yahoo to Gmail
- Date Range Feature of the professional tool allows users to filter mailboxes as per their date.
- Compatible with all the versions of the MS Windows operating system to back up mailboxes.
- The Demo version of the professional tool is available for a free evaluation of the tool.
In this post, we discussed. We detailed here both manual and automated approaches to migrating emails and other data. We detailed here both methods with all their steps. We also focused on the important features of the professional tool. Thanks for reading this article. I hope you found it interesting and helpful.