Microsoft 365 has changed the way many organizations create, access, and process data to the point that even a slight outage in Microsoft 365 data availability can significantly impact their day-to-day operations. As a result, companies who leave their Microsoft 365 data unsecured are headed for an unpleasant awakening, which comes as no surprise. Data security risks are, after all, as common as they are dangerous.
Businesses are always in danger of data loss, from everyday unintentional deletions to hostile cyberattacks and rogue insiders. As you might guess, astute decision-makers are constantly hunting for a secure approach to preserve their Microsoft 365 data. That’s likely why you’ve come.
We’ve created a list of the top 10 best backup solutions for Microsoft 365 to help you with your data protection efforts. Choose the one that best fits your company’s data security budget and requirements.
The Top 10 Best Microsoft Office 365 Backup and Restore Solutions
- Aryson Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool
- Cigati Office 365 Backup & Restore Software
- SysInfo Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool
- Kernel Office 365 Backup Tool
- CodeTwo Backup for Office 365
- NAKIVO Backup for Microsoft Office 365
- Acronis Cyber Backup for Office 365
- Carbonite Backup for Microsoft 365
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
- Altaro Office 365 Backup
1. Aryson Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool
Aryson Office 365 Backup & Restore software is one of the best Office 365 backup solutions available. This application is designed with a user-friendly interface that allows you to backup Exchange Online Office 365 Mailbox contents (emails, contacts, and calendars) and restore the complete mailbox to the O365 Tenant. In addition, users can download a free demo version of the software to obtain a quick overview of the application’s capabilities.
- Backup of all Office 365 mailboxes
- Backup Data from Office 365 Mailboxes in Bulk
- Office 365 Mailbox Restore from Backup
- Install on a Physical or Virtual Machine
- O365 Backup Process That Isn’t Interrupted
- Legally Accurate Solution You Can Rely On
- Cross-User Recovery
- Data Protection in a Variety of Formats
- Data Security for Shared Mailboxes
- Advanced Functions Included
- Provide a File Naming Convention
- All PST Files Can Be Imported Into Office 365
- Procedure Status in Real-Time
- Keep Data Integrity
2. Cigati Office 365 Backup & Restore Software
Cigati Office 365 Backup and Restore software is an ideal tool for backing up Office 365 mailboxes to PST files. The software is cutting-edge in terms of speed and user-friendliness. All Outlook versions and Windows operating systems may open and preview the created.pst files. Some of its features are the Scheduled Periodic Backup option (for periodic incremental backups), the Filter Backup Option, and Job-Based Backup Processing. Users may also use this software to recover data from.pst files to Office 365 mailboxes. The software also provides a comprehensive process report at the end of the procedure.
- Provides a simple Office 365 email backup method into PST files.
- To preview a PST file, open it in any version of Outlook.
- It is the quickest mailbox backup software available.
- Back up the user mailbox, the archive mailbox, and the public folder.
- It supports incremental backup as well as scheduled periodic backup.
- Create and run many jobs at the same time to create a comprehensive report.
- The software may execute many jobs at the same time and operates in parallel.
- Along with backup, the software is capable of restoring PST to Office 365 mailboxes.
- A trial version of the software is also available for download to test its functionality.
3. SysInfo Office 365 Backup & Restore Tool
The most effective Office 365 Backup & Restore tool for backing up a single or more Office 365 or on-premises/hosted Exchange Servers to an Outlook PST file. When necessary, it also restores the Outlook PST file to Office 365 or Exchange Server.
- Backup and Restore in Office 365
- To import PST files, it creates a new folder with the PST name.
- O365 Groups are exported to Outlook, and PST data is imported into O365 Groups.
- Compatible with on-premises/hosted Exchange and Exchange Online.
- For extracting particular data, use the exclusive Date and Item Type filters.
- Skips empty/deleted directories from backup/restore if enabled.
- Using a CSV file adds Exchange/Office 365 mailboxes in bulk.
- Read/Unread status is preserved, and duplicate entries are skipped.
- It is appropriate for both end-users and administrators.
- Accepts app passwords for Office 365 accounts that have MFA enabled.
- Backup and recovery of Exchange server mailboxes (on-premises and hosted)
4. Kernel Office 365 Backup Tool
Back up Office 365/Exchange to PST and protect your essential data. This software backs up and restores emails in bulk, making it ideal for big organizations. It works with all Exchange versions, Outlook PST files, and Office 365 subscriptions.
- Without Outlook, backup Office 365/Exchange emails to PST.
- PST files may be restored to Office 365 and Exchange (on-premises/hosted).
- User/archive/shared mailboxes and public folders are supported.
- Back up your Office 365 inbox to a PST file in Outlook.
- Returns the PST file to the Office 365 account
- Backups Office 365 Archive mailboxes to PST are supported.
- Backup of Office 365 Public Folder to PST is supported.
- Supports backup of Office 365 shared mailboxes to PST.
- Using the administrative account exports several Office 365 mailboxes to PST.
5. CodeTwo Backup for Office 365
CodeTwo Backup for Office 365 is a desktop software that allows you to conduct complete or incremental backups of specified Microsoft 365 (Office 365) mailboxes and public folders, SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business sites, and Microsoft Teams data. You can then choose to restore either entire mailboxes and site collections or only selected types of data – from email folders, calendars, and contacts in Exchange Online to lists and libraries in SharePoint and OneDrive, to individual items like single messages or attachments – using the granular recovery feature and advanced search options available for backup storages.
- Make a backup of your Microsoft 365 mailboxes.
- Make a backup of your Microsoft 365 public folders.
- Create a backup of SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
- As a backup, Data from Microsoft Teams
- Online and on-premises support Exchange and SharePoint are two examples of collaboration tools.
- Data migration from SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Backup incrementally continuously
- Microsoft 365 data is securely backed up locally.
- Backup and storage on virtual computers hosted in the cloud
- Simple deployment using Azure Marketplace
- Backup on the go or set up automatic backups.
- Management at the top
- Data retention is unlimited, and you have complete control over it.
- Archiving of obsolete and inactive data automatically
- Backup and recovery at the granular level
- Search for products and browse variations
6. NAKIVO Backup for Microsoft Office 365
NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides local, incremental Microsoft 365 backup for Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online data, allowing you to integrate data security measures into your everyday business operations. For example, with Backup for Microsoft Office 365, you can quickly recover folders, files, sites, mailboxes, contacts, calendar items, and individual emails.
- Backup data from Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online.
- To reduce storage costs and decrease backup periods, use incremental backups.
- Store Microsoft 365 data on-premises for greater security and faster recovery.
- In just a few clicks, you can recover Exchange Online emails, OneDrive for Business files and folders, and SharePoint Online document libraries and lists.
- To save time and minimize errors, schedule data protection tasks.
- Use search filters to find lost data such as the name, folder, document library, site, and keywords.
- The unified web-based interface allows you to manage Microsoft 365 data protection operations.
7. Acronis Cyber Backup for Office 365
Acronis Cyber Backup for Office 365 is a backup solution for Microsoft Office 365. Acronis’ web-based management interface allows you to manage Microsoft 365 backup and recovery and secure hundreds of Microsoft 365 files and mailboxes with backup policies, customized dashboards, and advanced alerting and reporting.
- Microsoft 365 Teams should be backed up.
- Make a backup of Microsoft 365 Exchange Online.
- Microsoft 365 backup OneDrive for Business is a cloud-based storage solution for businesses.
- Make a backup of Microsoft 365 SharePoint Online.
- An agentless backup is a time-saving option.
- In seconds, granular restoration
- Quick backup lookup
8. Carbonite Backup for Microsoft 365
Carbonite Backup for Microsoft 365 safeguards the whole Microsoft 365 service portfolio, including SharePoint, OneDrive, Email, and Teams. In addition, it does automated backups up to four times per day and provides several alternatives for restoring data from Microsoft 365 apps. As a result, regardless of the reason or degree of data loss, an IT administrator may utilize a purpose-built solution to restore what is needed and guarantee users have access to their Microsoft 365 data.
- Complete security for the Microsoft 365 suite, including Teams, OneDrive, Exchange, SharePoint, and Planner.
- You can quickly recover specific data such as emails, chats, projects, and more while retaining all metadata and permissions.
- By conducting security rollbacks, you can restore Microsoft 365 data and remove accidental rights changes.
- Create detailed policies that describe what business-critical data should be secured depending on attributes such as content type, owner, creation date, and others.
9. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 eliminates the danger of losing control and access to your Office 365 data, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Microsoft Teams, ensuring that your data is always safe and accessible. In addition, it allows businesses to download Office 365 email and data and back it up on-premises or to another cloud. The backup and replication solution provides all of the restore features that Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange has.
- To safeguard your Office 365 data from unintentional deletion, security risks, and retention policy gaps, back it up on-premises or in the cloud.
- With industry-leading recovery flexibility, quickly restore specific Office 365 objects and files.
- Get access to Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business in Office 365.
- Quick search and granular recovery of specific items contained in a secured copy of your Office 365 backup, including Microsoft Teams data.
10 Altaro Office 365 Backup
Altaro Office 365 Backup allows you to backup of Office 365 cloud. It restores all of your company’s Office 365 mails and files stored in OneDrive and SharePoint and to backs them up to Altaro’s Microsoft Azure infrastructure. You can also manage and monitor your backups from a single location using Altaro’s cloud-based administration dashboard. You also receive an unlimited amount of backup storage. Furthermore, it backs up the data automatically up to four times per day and stores it to a secure Cloud Backup location on Altaro’s Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
- Back up your Office 365 emails, attachments, contacts, and calendars, as well as files saved in OneDrive and SharePoint Document Libraries, to Altaro’s Microsoft Azure infrastructure with simplicity and convenience.
- Quickly recover objects that have been misplaced, erased, damaged, or destroyed – Choose from various recovery methods for entire mailboxes or specific mail items.
- Your backups are immediately saved to Altaro’s secure Cloud Backup location hosted on Microsoft Azure by Altaro Office 365 Backup. There’s no need to worry about having to set up your backup servers. You’ll also have access to a limitless amount of storage.
The top 10 Office 365 Cloud Backup & Restore Solutions are mentioned above; you can compare their features and benefits to determine which one is ideal for your Office data backup. In addition, you can retrieve the curtail data anytime you need it if you have a backup.