Here, in this technical guide, I will be discussing ways to import PST File to Gmail manually. The following guide is explaining what PST and Gmail are and why there is a need to convert or import PST into Gmail. It further explains the procedure involved in such import. So, here we go.
Know About Outlook and Gmail Email Clients
Two of the essential clients in today’s era are Gmail and Outlook. The Outlook is mostly used for storing, receiving, and sending emails, and it is called a personal information management tool because it also saves contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, and journal into the PST file.
Gmail is a free web-based email service that provides users with a gigabyte of storage for messages and also provides the ability to search for specific words. It automatically organizes successively related messages into a conversational thread.
Why there is a need to import PST file into Gmail?
There are certain benefits for this conversion, and some of them are being enumerated in the following points.
- Gmail gives you a facility to use several apps using a single Gmail Id.
- The main thing is Gmail gives you large storage so that you can store essential emails for free.
- It is quite easy to manage.
- Gmail gives you a chat messenger which enables you to chat using its amazing stickers.
- It is accessible from any computer irrespective of time and place.
- In comparison to other email clients, Gmail is free as well as easily usable with other email clients.
- If you lost Gmail password, then you need not worry as it can be recovered by merely using the phone number.
- You can send emails within few seconds, in a secure way.
Methods to Import PST file to Gmail Manually
Manually this can be done in two-step if you haven’t configured your Outlook yet.
- First of all, login to your Gmail account.
- Now, click on the settings icon on the top-right corner.
- Then click Settings.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Now, in the IMAP Access section, enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
- Then, go to www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps. After that turn on the option for less secure apps.
- Go to file and click on Add Account.
- Then enter your Email id and click Connect.
- Now, enter the password and click Connect.
- Enter your username and password and click OK.
- And now you have successfully managed to configure your email account.
Although the manual methods have its perks, these methods might, at times, becomes unresponsive or might not produce the desired effects.
Using Professional Solutions for PST File Converter
If all the above methods fail to convert PST file into Gmail, then you must try the PST File Converter. This tool is highly efficient to repair the corrupted PST file and also can restore deleted emails. The recovered data can be saved into multiple file formats like MSG, MBOX, DBX, and EML. It has also got the feature to support large size PST file. You can download the free demo version of this software for a better understanding of this tool.
Above, I have mentioned all the tricks and techniques to import PST file to Gmail manually as well as using the professional solution. As manual solutions have some limitations so, you can go for the automated tool. Now, it’s your choice to make your decision. Hope it helps.