Any Outlook profile or account cannot open an OST (Offline Outlook Data File). It will be created immediately when you add an account. If necessary, you may also rebuild the OST file. It’s necessary to convert an OST (offline Outlook Data File) to a PST data file to open it in Outlook 2013, 2016, 2019, or previous versions. If an associated account is accessible, you may use the Outlook Import/Export wizard to export the OST mailbox contents to PST or use an OST to PST converter software application. You may also use the software to convert orphaned and unavailable OST files. You may also directly export OST mailbox items to an existing Outlook profile, Live Exchange Server, or Office 365 utilizing the software-based technique.
What is an OST (offline Outlook Data File) file, and what is it used for?
OST stands for Offline Outlook Data, and it can’t be opened in any Outlook profile or account. Instead, it’s a password-protected file that’s produced when you create an Outlook account. The File is associated with a specific profile and PC where your account has been set up. After converting OST mailbox items to Outlook-compatible PST format, you can import and open OST mailbox items in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
PST stands for Personal Storage Table and is an Outlook data file that you may view and import into your account.
You may either use the Outlook Import/Export wizard or a third-party OST converter application like Cigati OST to PST Converter to import Outlook mailbox items into the PST format. The software transforms OST files that are unavailable or orphaned. It also can export OST mailbox items to an existing Outlook profile or a new PST file.
In this article, we’ve covered how to convert OST files to PST files and how to open OST mailbox contents in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019.
Methods to Export an OST (offline Outlook Data File) to a PST
Method 1: Use the Import/Export Wizard in Outlook.
1. Microsoft Outlook Setup
2. Outlook account that is active
Outlook Import/Export Steps:
- Go to ‘File>Open & Export>Import/Export’ in Outlook.
- Select ‘Export to a file from the drop-down menu and click ‘Next.’
- Click ‘Next’ after selecting ‘Outlook Data File (.pst)’ from the choices.
- To export messages, pick the mail account or specific mailboxes such as ‘Inbox’ or ‘Sent Items’ (select one item at a time)
- Check the option for ‘Include subfolders’ and then click ‘Next.’
- Then pick a save place on your computer or external media by clicking ‘Browse.’
- Select ‘Finish’ from the drop-down menu.
You may safeguard the exported PST file from illegal import by adding a password. This step is entirely optional. You don’t have to input the password if you click ‘OK.’
This will start the process of exporting OST mailbox items to a PST Data File.
Note: To begin exporting a PST file, you may need to enter the password again and then click ‘OK’ (check screenshot).
After you’ve exported your PST file, you’ll need to know how to open it in different Outlook versions.
With the OST Converter Tool, you may open an OST file in Outlook.
You may use an OST to PST Converter software to convert an inaccessible, orphaned, or encrypted OST file to PST, RTF, MSG, PDF, EML, and HTML formats. The software can open OST files without using Exchange Server and extract all mailbox contents in PST format, including emails, contacts, calendars, notes, attachments, and so on.
- Installation of Microsoft Outlook
How to Open an OST File in Microsoft Outlook
- Run the OST Converter Software when it has been installed.
- On the First Step, choose the OST file.
- On the second step, select Conversion mode.
- Freely examine data from an OST file on the preview screen.
- Choose a location to save the data as a PST file.
- Save the information as a PST file.
- In Microsoft Outlook, open the saved PST file.
How to open an ost file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and previous versions
- If you haven’t done so previously, open Outlook and sign in.
In 2019 Outlook, 2016 Outlook, & 2013 Outlook
- Go to the ‘File>Open & Export>Open the Outlook Data File
- To open an OST mailbox, browse for and select the converted PST file, then click OK.
Outlook 2010 is a program that allows you to send and receive
- To open an Outlook data file, go to File>Open>Open Outlook Data File.
- To open OST mailbox items, navigate to and select the converted PST file.
Outlook 2007 and 2003 are two versions of Outlook.
- Select ‘File > Open > Outlook Data File’ from the drop-down menu.
- To open OST mailboxes, locate and select the converted PST file.
To import a PST file into your Outlook account, follow these steps.
- In Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013, go to File > Import/Export.
- In Outlook 2010, select the ‘Import’ option.
- In Outlook 2007 and 2003, choose the ‘Import and Export option.
- Then follow the PST import wizard’s instructions.
(Offline Outlook Data file) OST cannot be opened in any version of Outlook. It must be converted to a PST file. In Outlook 2019 and older versions, you may then open or import the PST file to view the mailbox items.
Use the Outlook import/export wizard or a third-party software application like OST to PST Converter to convert an OST file to a PST file. Use the software-based approach to export OST file data to PST if an OST file is unavailable or orphaned. You may also export OST mailbox items to additional formats, including RTF, MSG, PDF, and EML, or straight to an Office 365 account, an existing Outlook profile, or a Live Exchange server using the program.