A large number of people are seeking the best way to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook. Email is the most frequently used method of professional communication in today’s internet world, and Mozilla Thunderbird is a popular email client. Thunderbird offers many features, including message management, junk filtering, open-source, industry standards, support, cross-platform compatibility, etc.
Although Thunderbird offers far too many capabilities, people continue to export Thunderbird to Outlook. Thunderbird to Outlook export is rising day by day for a variety of reasons. First, Thunderbird requires users to set all of the extra features, which is relatively comprehensive. While Market trends, on the other hand, favor Microsoft Outlook due to its user-friendly features. It is simple to install on Windows, MAC, Android, and iOS and offers various functions such as Contacts, Calendar, Journal, Tasks, and Events.
How to Move Email from Thunderbird to Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2013
Users can choose between manual techniques and professional third-party solutions to export Thunderbird to Outlook. The manual approach necessitates technical knowledge and has some restrictions, but the professional method makes processing simple. Let’s have a look at them:
- Export Thunderbird to Outlook using a Webmail account.
- Exporting Thunderbird to Outlook Using the Drag-and-Drop Method
- Manual Techniques Have Restrictions
- Exporting Email from Thunderbird to Outlook with Software
Method 1: Export Thunderbird to Outlook using a Webmail account
Step 1. In Thunderbird, add a webmail account.
- First, log in to your Webmail account and access the webmail settings by clicking on the Gear symbol.
- Select POP/IMAP>> Enable IMAP from the Forwarding and POP/IMAP menu.
- After that, set up the IMAP account and save your changes.
- To open Thunderbird, launch it, enter your Thunderbird account’s name, email address, and password, and then click the Continue button.
- Select the IMAP checkbox and fill up the required details. After that, select Re-test from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Create a new account option after correctly entering all of the information.
- Finally, open any email message in Thunderbird to validate the account.
Step 2. Outlook Webmail Account Configuration
- To begin, go to the File menu and select Add Account.
- Then, select Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types in a dialogue box and then click Next.
- Then, to proceed, like the Internet Email>>Next option.
- In the dialogue box, type your name, email address, and password.
- For the IMAP mail account, select the IMAP option from the Account Type drop-down menu.
- For the Incoming and Outgoing servers, type imap.com and smtp.com in that order.
- Then select More Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select My Outgoing Server from the Outgoing Server drop-down menu (SMTP).
- Then choose the option to use the same settings as my incoming server.
- Enter the 993 port number in the Incoming Server Port field.
- Next, check the box next to This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection.
- Then, for the outgoing server, type 587 and click the OK button to close the dialogue box.
- To check the account settings, select the Test Account Setting option.
- Click the Next Button after seeing the notice “Your account settings are correct.”
- Finally, open Outlook 2016/2019/2013 and import Thunderbird MBOX files.
Method 2: Exporting Thunderbird to Outlook Using the Drag-and-Drop
- To begin, open Mozilla Thunderbird and run it.
- After that, open the messages folder in Thunderbird that you wish to export to Outlook 2013, 2016, and 2019.
- Users can select single or full messages depending on their needs.
- Right-click on the messages you want to save and choose Save As.
- Select the message and Export it using the Select folder option.
- Start the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Then go to the menu and choose New Folder from the drop-down menu.
- By selecting OK, you may give the folder a name and make it a new folder.
- Choose all of the emails that you exported from Thunderbird from the newly formed folder.
- Drag and drop the emails into Microsoft Outlook’s center pane.
- Emails from Thunderbird will be exported to Outlook.
Manual Techniques Have Restrictions
- When exporting Thunderbird to Outlook in bulk, the manual techniques are ineffective.
- Data loss and corruption are always a possibility.
- The data hierarchy is not maintained.
- Orphan or deleted emails from Thunderbird cannot be exported to Outlook using the manual approach.
- These approaches are time-consuming and challenging to utilize for non-technical people.
Exporting Email from Thunderbird to Outlook with Software
Aryson MBOX Migrator is a popular utility that works efficiently and exports Thunderbird to Outlook. MBOX Converter is a feature-rich and easy-to-use utility. It allows users to convert Thunderbird emails to Windows Outlook PST format without losing data or compromising security. Thunderbird MBOX, SBD, and MSF email may be exported to MS Outlook with this software.
Steps to Export Thunderbird Email to Outlook
- Launch the Thunderbird to Outlook Converter Software.
- Using the browse option, find the Thunderbird MBOX file.
- To get a preview of your emails, click Next.
- To convert Thunderbird files to Outlook, click Export.
The three techniques described in this tutorial will assist you in exporting your Thunderbird mailbox items, such as emails, notes, and calendars, to Outlook. Depending on your needs and preferences, you can use any of these techniques.
If you need to export a few hundred emails from one or two Thunderbird accounts or mailboxes to Outlook, the two manual techniques described are sufficient.
However, avoid utilizing these manual techniques if your Thunderbird account has hundreds of emails and attachments or if you need to convert numerous Thunderbird accounts to MS Outlook.
To convert Thunderbird MBOX files to Outlook PST, use a professional MBOX to Outlook PST converter software like MBOX Converter. Then, with up to 100 percent data consistency, load the PST file into your Outlook on Windows or Mac. The software allows you to transfer Thunderbird emails to Outlook while keeping the folder tree structure intact.