MBOX is a file format supported by over 20 email applications, including Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Powermail, SeaMonkey, and many others. However, for business reasons, many customers want access to their MBOX mailboxes via Microsoft Outlook. MS Outlook offers numerous capabilities that are appropriate for professional usage. There is also a notion that the Outlook email client is superior to its MBOX rivals. However, to read MBOX emails in Outlook, customers must first convert MBOX to PST file type.
Why Convert MBOX to PST File?
MS Outlook is preferred over MBOX email clients because Outlook has more features than MBOX email clients, so users want to convert MBOX to Outlook PST; some of the main features are as follows:-
- MS Outlook offers more functionality and is less expensive than email applications that support the MBOX file format.
- To execute activities with MBOX files, an internet connection is required, but not with Outlook PST.
- Email clients that employ the MBOX file format are not very sophisticated and hence are not favored by many companies.
- File locking in MBOX, which prevents users from opening files, is a common problem.
- Outlook, being a Microsoft product, offers more security features than competing email applications.
Manual Methods to Change MBOX Emails to Outlook/PST
To convert MBOX emails to PST, follow these three simple steps:
- Save Mailbox as EML files.
- Drag and drop the EML files to Outlook.
- Convert Mailbox to PST files.
Save Mailbox as EML files
- Launch the MBOX email client. Right-click on a folder and select the New Folder option.
- Enter a name for the folder and click Create Folder.
- Please select all of the EML messages you wish to migrate and drag them to the newly formed folder.
- The folder now contains all of the emails.
- Select all of the emails and then click the Save as a button.
Drag and drop the EML files to Outlook
- Navigate to the folder where the EML files are kept. Please select all of the emails and drag & drop them into any Outlook folder.
Export Mailbox to PST files
- Follow File> Open & Export > Import/Export to export the emails to a PST file.
- Select export to a file and click Next in the Import/Export wizard.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst). Next, press the Next button.
- Navigate to the folder where the EML files are located and then click Next.
- Input a location for the new PST file, select an option, then click Finish to complete the procedure.
- You may also give the freshly generated PST file a password.
- At the specified location, a new PST file is generated.
Change MBOX to PST by using Email Clients
Stage 1. Import mailbox file into Apple Mail
- Launch Apple Mail on your computer.
- Navigate to File>> Import Mailbox.
- Now, pick the MBOX file’s source and press the proceed button.
- Choose the MBOX file from the Browse Location menu, then click Continue.
- When the import procedure is finished, click done.
Stage 2: Use Eudora to create a mailbox
- The MBOX file extension must be appended. Rename the data file ‘XYZ’ to ‘XYZ.mbx,’ for example.
- Place the renamed XYZ.mbx file in the directory where Eudora keeps its files. (C: Documents and Settings\Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
- Start the Eudora application and double-click the ‘XYZ.mbx’ File.
Stage 3: Use Outlook Express to Import Mailbox
- Launch Outlook Express and navigate to File>> Import >> Messages.
- Select Eudora from the list and press the Next button.
- Navigate to the directory where you stored the XYZ.mbx file and click OK.
- Continue with the following steps to finish the import process and ensure that the files were imported correctly.
Stage 4: Import Outlook Express Mailbox to MS Outlook
- Start Outlook and go to the File menu.
- Choose the Import/Export wizard and then click the Import button.
- Follow the procedures to import all of your Outlook Express information into Outlook.
- Follow the guidelines to import all of your Outlook Express information into Outlook.
- First, choose Import from another file or folder and then click Next.
- Then, on the following screen, click Next and select Import Internet Mail and Addresses.
- Then, choose Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, or Windows Mail and continue.
- Now, select the DBX file to import it into the Outlook application.
Convert MBOX to PST in a Professional Way
According to the manual approach, it is a lengthy procedure with several phases that can only be completed by a user familiar with both the MBOX email client and Microsoft Outlook. Furthermore, all of the initial manual processes need at least two email clients installed on the apps and lack filters for selective data conversion from one format to another. As a result, utilizing a professional MBOX to PST Converter is the best solution for most people. Aryson MBOX to PST Converter allows you to export data from MBOX to Outlook quickly.
Follow Steps to Export MBOX to PST using Software
- Run the MBOX to PST Converter Tool after downloading it.
- Select a single or more MBOX file in the software.
- Scan the specified MBOX file by pressing the “OK” button.
- After scanning, preview the objects in the MBOX file.
- Choose the location where you want the recovered MBOX file to be saved as a PST file.
- Select the “Save as PST” option and press the “OK” button.
- Your MBOX file has now been successfully converted to a PST file.
Due to the advanced features and options integrated within Outlook, users prefer to migrate their existing MBOX data to Outlook. The blog included free manual methods such as EML drag/drop, multi-staged export of MBOX files through multiple email clients such as Apple Mail, Eudora, Outlook Express, and others, along with detailed process explanations. Because of the insurmountable obstacles associated with traditional methods, a professional MBOX to PST Converter tool is suggested for the best and quickest outcomes.